1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    Mar 2013

specialized camber comp 2013 or??

hi all

my first post!

im new to all this so here up! ive been looking at the specialized camber comp and what to know peoples views on it and if there is an alternative bike out there that i should also look at?

ive read the reviews and to be honest they are all in compertition with one another so i dont think ill get better for my money but would like to know if you all think the same. i like the new 29 wheels and rear auto sag shock.

im 6ft 3.5 inches tall and about 16 stone. hoping to loose a few pounds for my wedding in august.

thanks for comments

chalky

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Hmm other brands include the Giant trance range, trek and a host of small companies. My advice is if you can try and get some of these bikes and take them for a ride and find the bike that suits you best as each bike design is slightly different and often people try one brand, then try another and find the second brand feels more comfortable or better to ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    For a first bike you may wish to try a 29er hardtail. It can be much lighter than 28.5lbs for a Camber, very responsive and make a good platform for skill development. At 224 you can choose any model. I would look at the Grand Canyon CF SLX 8.9 for a new design with some good race results in the TransAlp multi-day and Leadville 100 enduro.
    Canyon | Mountainbikes | Grand Canyon CF SLX 29 8.9
    Attached Images Attached Images