Thread: sixsixone

I Rode a Metric Century!

sixsixone

Hi I am looking at the sixsixone helmets. I like the mullet. do any of you have experience with em. also would you recommend more of a traditional helmet?

I also like there downhill gloves.

Does anyone have a great site to purchase from, with low prics.
    I am using ebay now.

Thank you in advance!

mtbr member

The Martian
    Jan 2007
    Maybe this is personal preference, but I would not buy a helmet off ebay or craigslist even if it's claimed to be "new". Too many variables buying from an individual when it's my brain involved.

The "where are the best deals" forum has some threads with lists of online retailers.

mtbr member
    I agree with CougarTrek; my head is very important to me and I would absolutely buy a new helmet from a proper online store or an lbs. Pricepoint has great deals on helmets from last year

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    + 1 with what cougartrek said about helmets.
    Check out some mechanix gloves found at local autoparts store, that what I started using about a week ago and like them wayyy more than my more expensive axo's

My bike is cooler then me
    i have had one set of the 661 gloves, the raji, raved about in dirt rag, the best gloves ever made ever...

they had a hole after ride 2 and both fell apart by the middle of the season.

i also have race knee and race elbow that weren't bad bad, i had to sew up a few spots of the meshing thou.... i have mixed feelings about them fwiw.

Fox dirt paw are good cheap gloves i stand behind.

the mullet is a DJ skate park lid, designed for such. do a forum seach for helemts there have been tons of people with your same questions. happy hunting.
    '09 Cannondale Moto Carbon 2

'is that a Thomson in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?'

Rod
    mtbr member
    I got a pair of mechanix gloves and I've beaten on them for over a seaon now and they're doing great.
    There is not much choice between rotten apples.

Cheezy Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by fisherrider
    + 1 with what cougartrek said about helmets.
    Check out some mechanix gloves found at local autoparts store, that what I started using about a week ago and like them wayyy more than my more expensive axo's

Roger that...skimp on gloves, not the helmet. You want it to be comfortable, I wouldn't buy it online period. Go to a shop where you can try them on. Yeah, you'll pay a few bucks more, but considering how many hours this will be on your head it's worth it to get a good fit.

Members who have read this thread: 0