1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2013

Is this site legit? maroza.com

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums. I just wanted to see if maroza.com was a legit site or not. Their prices are very low. This site is also from Indonesia which is what makes me suspicious. Has anyone had any experience with this bike shop at all? Any information would be helpful. Thank you very much!

mtbr member
    I did not check it but being from that location I doubt I would send them my hard earned Washingtons.
    2013 Specialized Carbon Camber Pro 29er (Warranty frame and other stuff)
    2011 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp 29er

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Yeah I agree but there are some shops in Indonesia that are legit. I don't know about this one though.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Yeah I already checked scam advisor but it didn't really give me much information. I don't even know if that address is legit or not. And if you go on their website, it says that their shop is located in a mall called Seyanan Mall. So I went to the mall website and looked at the directory but I couldn't find Maroza Cycles anywhere. Seems very sketchy...

mtbr member
    I would agree. I did check their site and saw all of the different brands they "carry". I did not look at prices but if they are that good then I would be scared. There are many many folks out there trying to make a living stealing. I had never heard of them I still think my money is safer being spent face to face.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Very true. I'm trying to ask them for a picture of the bike and they seem to refuse...

mtbr member
    Suspicious? And I spelled it right...

Big Gulps, Alright!
    Smells like a scam...

Payment Details
    Maroza.com accepts payment by Bank Transfer for International Order and For Local Customer accept payment by Credit Card, Bank Transfer and Western Union. All product prices and delivery charges are shown in US Dollar. Your payment card company will perform any currency conversion. Upon receiving your order Maroza.com carries out a standard pre-authorisation check on your payment card to ensure there are sufficient funds in order to fulfil the transaction.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Wow I didn't even notice that! They only accept Bank Transfer! Wow that totally just gives it away. Thank you very much man. This site is a total scam!

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    beware of this site as well: yugrah.com it is has connections with maroza.com exact same website design and layout. Even the customer service emails are the same... order@maroza.com/info@maroza.com order@yugrah.com/info@yugrah.com

Big Gulps, Alright!
    A new scam pops up every week. The dead tip off is that Specialized (and other brands) do not permit their bikes to be sold over the web.

More warning signs:
    1. They require bank transfers or money orders for payment.
    2. The spelling and grammar are poor.
    3. Many of the links don't actually take you anywhere.
    4. The prices are too good to be true.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I agree 100%. Do you know any good and legit online bike shops that sell bikes at good prices? I'm trying to find a 2014 Giant Anthem Advanced 27.5 0 Team

rebmem rbtm
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vincelam1998 View Post
    but there are some shops in Indonesia that are legit.
    The legit bike shops in Indonesia sell bikes at normal prices and won't ship the bikes around the world.

Do you know any good and legit online bike shops that sell bikes at good prices? I'm trying to find a 2014 Giant Anthem Advanced 27.5 0 Team
    Giant doesn't let their dealers sell bikes online, if you want to buy a Giant bike you'll have to physically go to a bike shop that sells Giant bikes.

Stay away from online Indonesian bike shops.

https://www.google.com/#q=site:forum...ike+shop+scams
    &
    https://www.google.com/#q=indonesian+bike+shop+scams

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Can you buy Giant frames online or does it have the same policy for bikes?

rebmem rbtm
    Apr 2007
    Try ebay, there's some sellers in Asia that sell old model Giant frames.

* You won't have factory warranty with these.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Ok thanks cobba. Also, just a quick question. Do you know the difference between 27.5 and 29? I have a 29er and I want to try 27.5 and a lot of people say that the 27.5 is a lot more better than the 26 and 29? Is it true? You don't have to answer if you don't want to

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I'm actually deciding between a 2013 Felt Edict Nine LTD and a 2014 Giant Anthem Advanced 27.5 0 Team. I will be using it for XC Racing.

My little friends
    Is the item still for sale?

Picture Unrelated
    Ok thanks cobba. Also, just a quick question. Do you know the difference between 27.5 and 29? I have a 29er and I want to try 27.5 and a lot of people say that the 27.5 is a lot more better than the 26 and 29? Is it true? You don't have to answer if you don't want to
    There are uncountable amounts of threads talking about one wheel size vs. the others. Most of which devolve into proselytizing and angry name calling. I'll sum it up for you:

Anyone who thinks that one wheel size is always better than another is wrong.
    Almost everyone will try to sell you on whatever wheel they choose no matter if your situation differs to theirs.
    The only way to know what bike to buy is to ride some and compare them to other bikes.

The two bikes you've listed are significantly different and you will find a difference between them. It doesn't matter which one you pick or why you do it but the choice is yours. The internet doesn't have to ride that bike for the next several years so don't let the internet choose the bike for you.
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus?

'Tis but a scratch
    Quote Originally Posted by zebrahum View Post
    It doesn't matter which one you pick or why you do it but the choice is yours. The internet doesn't have to ride that bike for the next several years so don't let the internet choose the bike for you.

GREAT, GREAT ADVICE!!!!

If I could +rep you I would. But, apparently I haven't spread enough around lately.

I build my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by huffster View Post
    GREAT, GREAT ADVICE!!!!

If I could +rep you I would. But, apparently I haven't spread enough around lately.
    Got it.
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

Warrior's Society
    Trek, Giant, Cannondale

These companies do not allow internet sales of their bikes. Meaning they will not allow dealers to ship bikes to buyers who don't physically buy them from the shop.

If the price is too good to be true.....then send me your money......I can guarentee that you get the same exact product for that price.....absolutely nothing.

They say they accept Visa/MC, but require a bank transfer.....no thanks.

If you haven't figured it out by now......it is a scam.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikej View Post
    Trek, Giant, Cannondale

These companies do not allow internet sales of their bikes. Meaning they will not allow dealers to ship bikes to buyers who don't physically buy them from the shop.

If the price is too good to be true.....then send me your money......I can guarentee that you get the same exact product for that price.....absolutely nothing.

They say they accept Visa/MC, but require a bank transfer.....no thanks.

If you haven't figured it out by now......it is a scam.
    Do you sell bikes for the same price? I wanted to buy a 2014 Giant Anthem Advanced 27.5 0 Team.

mtbr member
    I think what he is saying is, you will send money to that Indonesian online bike store and receive nothing.

So why not send the money to him instead, if you want to "give it away"....a light hearted way of saying the site is a scam.

The bike prices on that site are not going to be matched by a legitimate seller, as they are unfeasably low.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast