1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.

Thread: Secure bike

mtbr member
    Jun 2014

Secure bike

I have a spot track platform hitch mount for two bikes. We camp a lot and I have a travel trailer. What is the best way to secure the bikes while on the platform rack and then also to the travel trailer. I have a welded bumper I can utilize on the trailer but it's 4" x 4" square bumper.

I have read that cables are pretty much for show only. And the chains are spendy as hell for the length I need which is approx 12'.

Any ideas?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Don't leave the bike out of your sight is the only real answer. When I travel with my bike it goes in my hotel room with me. When I stop to eat I sit where I can see my car.. If I go in a store somebody's staying outside lol.. No lock is going to prevent theft, especially with a few basic tools and a car jack.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk