1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    Jan 2009

RockShox Domain 318IS 180mm..?

RockShox Domain 318IS 180..

IS they're a lockout, or compression style adjustable lockout system.. Meaning.. If there is no real lockout.. I know its a 180mm fork.. IS they're a practical way to tune-out the bob when going up hills..

NExt Question: IS it possible to get up hills with this thing on.. I will be using bar ends.. Im not climbing any mountains.. just a few short steeper areas, some gradual mellow climbs...
    Its for a free ride bike.. 40 pounds.. OR 40 plus.. Thats what I ride.. Im not expecting an XC experience out of the bike I ride.. I dont mind going slow... Hazardously slow up hills.. Im grateful, and my idea of success, is to get to the top of the hill with out having to put my feet down.. That is what I call... " WINNING THE MOUNTAIN"........

Im trying to describe a certain kind of rider here...

If I have to get off the bike to many-times just to go up hills.. then.. ITS NOT FOR ME... But I can handle slow...SO.. With that..

ANy feedback..

Thanks...

cougarbait
    http://www.sram.com/taxonomy/term/11...ckshox/src/fam
    motion control damper, and it's not the fork that determines feasibility of climbing

why do you always type like that??
    09AS-Rsl/09Six

There's no app for this.

Idea! a few thoughts

1st, this is the beginners' forum, so asking for advice on a Freeride bike with 180mm travel is misplaced, try the DH/FR forum next time.

2) there is no lock out

3) the fork has motion control - a form of damping control. It's designed for descents, not climbing.

4) you could climb with this fork, but you won't like it. Some climb on 40+ bikes on the Norshore, and I was one of them, wound up selling the bike as it was too heavy and too hard to climb.

5) there's a spell checker you could use so we won't have to hire translators to figure out your questions.

Jim

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    THanks for the help..

As for the spelling problems and writing style: A combination of free artistic associated developed intelligence with a large dosage of Dyslexia...

(GET USED TO IT... ILL BE BACK.. )......

Thanks again for your help...!!