1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    AKJ
    mtbr member
    Dec 2013

Remove 15mm to 9mm QR adapters from hubs

I'm trying to remove 15mm to 9mm QR adapters so that I may use a 15mm solid axle fork. I didn't put the adapters in, but from the images here it looks as though they just pop in.

I read another post where a guy claimed he used a skewer and a mallet, but I can't think of how that would actually work since the skewer goes through without hitting anything.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    From the illustrations the center of the hub is open. You should be able to put the skewer in on an angle so it hits the far cap without going through the hole. Then just tap it to remove the cap.

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    The caps stay on by a single 0-ring. Slight, angled tap with a mallet and it easily pops off.,
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"