1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member

Reba Race Neg Air Issues

So i got this awesome new RS Reba Race. Happy me. Got it installed no issue (poplock doesnt pop back, but ill have to deal with the seller there), and im setting up my sag and rebound and all that jazz, and I notice that my neg chamber has 76 psi. Okay, add air, right? Nope. My zefal pump doesnt seem to engage the valve there on the neg chamber. One stroke of the pump (heh heh) produces about 60psi. No fluctuation in neg chamber. Tips or tricks?
    "Faster, Faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter S. Thompson

mtbr member
    Well new to me. Sorry, its an 09. I hate typing this crap on my phone.
    "Faster, Faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter S. Thompson

Trail Prospector
    Sounds like maybe you're not using a shock pump, as needed.

Mmm... tapas
    The best is the one you want to ride most often..

mtbr member
    Here's what I'm using. LBS recommended it.

Trail Prospector
    Looks fine.
    Maybe a bad schraeder valve?

Mmm... tapas
    The best is the one you want to ride most often..