1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Rear shock replacement

Were can you buy new rear shocks?

There's no app for this.

whoa...

if this is your bike

Zip up to the top and read about beginners and dept store bikes. It's designed only for roads and easy trails (paths), it will NOT stand up to technical use on logging roads and off road stuff. don't spend a nickel on it.

OTOH it's free (congrats on winning) so ride the heck out of it; if it's possible and unridden, can you trade it for a higher quality Hardtail from Schwinn or Raleigh?

Jim

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    thats the Bike I won I gave it to my wife, I bought a new Raleigh

basically I got this for a $150 off... it fit into my budget. which would have been more it it weren't for my spending $3k on a ski spending spree. but MTB is just my in between sport.

I've promised myself if I destory this bike I'm getting a Kona stinky...

Anyhow I was just curious more than anything about rear replacement.