1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    culturalpreserve
    Apr 2010

Rear Hub / Axle advice please???

Hi can anyone help.

I have a Be One Woodbumble plus and i'm researching a new rear wheel set up.

But i'm confused. The gap between rear drop offs (if you can call them that as its a bolt) is 183mm. But most hubs i've seen such as Hope Pro II have measurement 135mm or 150mm.

Are the two related or am i looking at the wrong measurement?

Apologies for the poor explanation. I'm sure through replies etc the real problem will come out.

Cheers

usually cranky
    looks like a dh bike. probaby a 150mm but im not sure. 150 is the hub length, not the axle length.

culturalpreserve
    Apr 2010

Found more info

Thanks for your help. I did a bit more digging.

When i tightened the rear bolt to its normal tension i found that its a 165mm hub that's needed. I've had a look around and Sun-Ringle and Hadley are the only makers of a 165mm hub. I called Hope and they've never made one.

If anyone knows of any manufacturers who do a 165mm hub with 12mm bolt please let me know. Also if anyone has one for sale i'll be keen to discuss.

cheers

Don't pay much attention to dh stuff, but poked around a bit and see this http://www.bikeparts.com/search_resu...p?id=BPC101534

Much better posted in the dh forum, tho...
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique