mtbr member
    Jan 2011

query on cateye el 625 rc lights

Hi, has anyone tried out cateye el 625 rc cycle lights? how are they?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I used one on my road bike and it was fine for that but I wouldn't use it off road.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Spec wise - they aren't too bad, and couldn't think of why they couldn't be used for off road. ~600 lumen on trail is not bad at all. Looks like cree XP-G emitters, run pretty conservatively to keep temp and consumption down.

can't speak to the beam shape/hotsport/spill - which may be a reason that jlmuncie says he wouldn't ride trail with them. For the ~$90 price I'm seeing online, You get a bit more out of the magicshine/MS clones out there.

If you want to work with a US-based vendor, the Gemini P7's Action-led has on closeout are pretty good bang for the buck, with someone you could go back to if you happened to have a problem.
    Action-LED-Lights — Gemini Titan - lightweight and powerful LED light for bike, running, skiing, or anywhere hands free lighting is needed

Picture Unrelated
    A good place to get light information is the absolutely massive light review section over here, on the sidebar --------->
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky View Post
    Spec wise - they aren't too bad, and couldn't think of why they couldn't be used for off road. ~600 lumen on trail is not bad at all. Looks like cree XP-G emitters, run pretty conservatively to keep temp and consumption down.

can't speak to the beam shape/hotsport/spill - which may be a reason that jlmuncie says he wouldn't ride trail with them. For the ~$90 price I'm seeing online, You get a bit more out of the magicshine/MS clones out there.
    It just wasn't bright enough for me but I like to ride at a fast pace and it may be ok for someone that's JRA. But like you said for the price there are better options. I picked up a Spoke Grenade 1000 lumen light on Amazon for $69 and it works a lot better for me.