mtbr member
    May 2012

Presta threaded end pump frustrations

I'm fine with pumping my presta valve tires with a floor pump with the switch that connects and disconnects from the valve.

I bought a Lezene portable pump that screws onto the presta valve.

What happens is I loosen the presta valve, then thread the portable pump hose onto it and pump. When I unthread the hose the whole valve core comes out with the pump hose?

Is the solution to not thread the portable hose snuggly to the presta valve?

Thanks
    Bill

Ba ba ba bird bird bird
    I would tighten the valve core, and only thread the hose on as far as needed to fill with air. I have a Lezene floor pump with the same screw type fill valve, and had this happen once. I simply used two pairs of pliers, one to hold the valve base and one to tighten the core. I haven't had an issue since.

Good luck!

mtbr member
    I also have a Lezyne floor pump. I addition to the suggestions already made (esp tightening the core), try putting a very light coat of grease or lube of some sort on the valve threads and/or the inside of the hose head to ease removal.
    Use it, use it, use it while you still have it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I have a Lezyne portable screw on pump. This hasn't happened to me. I agree with tightening the core.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Thanks!! Bill