Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2015

Post your Backpack !

Want to purchase a new backpack for street / mountain biking ... Any suggestions ? Post up pics of your bag !

mtbr member
    I use a Fox Low Pro Hydration pack that I got sale for like $40.00. Its works well and packs quite of bit of stuff even though its a low profile pack. But, I've been eyeing the Osprey Viper which is $90.00. You should try a bunch on and see which feels the best on you. The Fox fits me great but one time, I washed it and it was still wet by the time I had to ride so I just took my brothers Camelbak out, which cost twice as much as my Fox, and it just wasn't comfortable for me.

Post your Backpack !-large_it54108.jpg

Name:  image_RU.OS.0114_1_285x255.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  24.2 KB

mtbr member
    I chose the Osprey Raptor 14 for $130. Been using it for over a year now and its perfect for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Backpack !-40-5889-red-angle.jpg  

"Ideal bikes are not bought, they evolve beneath you"

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Post your Backpack !-lrg-rc-research-backpack-charcoal.jpg

I use a LRG backpack I got for $60. I am very happy with it as it seems to have a large volume capacity but also is well padded and ventilated on the back. It also is rounded. I found boxier backpacks would brush up against stuff more. Finally I liked how it didn't look like I was homeless or about to go camping, it had some style.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I have a Raptor 14. Holds plenty of water and has a tool pouch that fit well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    I work at Costco in Henderson , Nv and we just these High Sierra Tangent packs in ! Looks great for the price and it's adjustable for the back and comes with the hydration pack also ! 59.99 plus tax !

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Here is the back sidePost your Backpack !-dsc_0956.jpgPost your Backpack !-dsc_0957.jpg

mtbr member
    Jenson has the Camelbak Blowfish on sale for $44.99 right now.
    Living in the moment is always better on two wheels.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Post your Backpack !-img_20150317_173010605.jpg

The zipper pocket only holds my phone, but I can fit everything else with the bungee cord or inside next to the bladder. Just $30 at Jenson USA.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I've got 10+ years of abusive treatment on a Camelback Havok. Not a whole bunch of bells and whistles, but it'll pack pretty much anything I feel like stuffing into it plus a few beers and it's tough as hell. Gotta be my oldest mtb purchase that still gets used all the time.

Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

Reluctant Tree Hugger
    Mine's been through a few more miles and crashes than this one:

Post your Backpack !-camelbak.jpg

Considering something smaller for shorter rides too.
    Live like there's no tomorrow. But pay your bills just in case there is.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Great idea for a thread.

I have two backpacks.... a North Face and a smaller Camel pack from the late 90's that is still in good shape. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

mtbr member
    I just got an Evoc 10l in yellow. So far so good after a couple of weeks. Very comfortable and holds my nalgene 3l bladder. Also has a fold out net that clips on the outside to hold an extra helmet, or in my case the chin bar for when i need it. $89

CC 10l - EVOC - SPORTS - TRAVEL - PROTECTION

Post your Backpack !-cc_tool_comp_big.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Backpack !-28b8f12309e9ac4afaade20e5d04ffc2_xl.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I recently picked up a Camelbak VOLT 13 LR 100oz Hydration Backpack. Has plenty of storage and the hydro pack sits down low on your back to minimize discomfort. $80 on Amazon

mtbr member
    I tried the Volt style and found it weird. Maybe because I'm 5'9" 200 and not 5'9" 150. My fat stores made if feel strange.

I have a MULE for my backup WI. pack and I use a Zealot16 full time. But I carry a lot of stuff. And when the MULE didn't have the space for my pads it got set aside.

The nice part about the bigger Osprey packs are the straps to cinch them down flat.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I have a USWE F4. Looks weird as crap (I've had people ask me why I'm wearing a parachute), but man oh man is it comfy. I personally can't stand the feeling of waist straps, and packs with just chest straps often moved around too much. This thing is freaking glued to my back, even when hitting jumps and stuff it doesn't move.

mtbr member
    Post your Backpack !-img-20140515-00743.jpg

Osprey Raptor 10 and CRASH tested!! Hey this sucker saved my back from trail rash. I only had minor scratches at the kidney area were the pack doesn't reach!

Great pack! I bought it for the tool roll at the bottom, easy access works very well!!
    Fits nice and I forget it is even there when in the groove!!

RIDE!!!!!!!!
    Ride MORE = Live Longer
    Love Dirt / Hate Pavement

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Underarmour and Cheap one

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I have two Osperys.
    The Manta 35 for commuting to work and super long rides. My goto bag that I use 95% of the time is my Raptor 10, such a great size, it fits everything but isnt too big and bulky yet still has a 3 liter bladder. I highly suggest you look at the Raptor 6,10 or 14.

I especially like the bite valves on the Osprey vs others I have tried.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Mine is BCG from Academy. It's cheap, holds everything I need it to for a regular ride with room to spare, and has a 2 L hydration pack although it could easily hold larger. I don't like having straps around my abdomen when riding so I just clip those around the other side to keep them out of the way. Overall I've been very happy with it and it's at a fraction of the price as the big name brands with the same capacity.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Geigerrig 1210. If anyone is in the market for a new hydration pack, give these packs a look. Only had mine for a couple weeks, but I'm liking it so far. They have an air chamber that is separate but attached to the water reservoir that is pumped up with a blood pressure cuff type balloon located on the shoulder opposite your bite valve. Allows you to pressurize your water so that you can suck wind and get a drink simultaneously (nice for an out of shape newbie like me. Grabbed mine off eBay for $90 off MSRP w/ free shipping.
    Post your Backpack !-rig1210.jpg
    Post your Backpack !-rig1210back.jpg

mtbr member
    I do like the thought of squirting water with the Geigerrig, maybe someday i'll buy their bladder and stuff it in my Raptor
    Post your Backpack !-img-20140430-00709.jpg

Found another pic... my pads fit nice in the front pocket. I put them on once I make it to the top of the trail.. no need @ 2-4mph for 35 min LOL
    Ride MORE = Live Longer
    Love Dirt / Hate Pavement

mtbr member
    I have something like this that I've been using for about 8 years. Of course it's sun-bleached now and I've replaced the bladder, but It has held up surprisingly well. One feature that I never thought I would use was the helmet net-thing until I was doing sustained climbs in 80 degree heat. Didn't need a helmet when I was barely moving, but my head sure appreciated the relief
    Post your Backpack !-71oazwgtnol._sl1208_.jpg

For the street I use a Timbuk2 messenger bag
    Name:  311691_366_45.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  32.0 KB
    *Not a real mountain biker

mtbr member
    Post your Backpack !-hydration-pack.jpg
    Have been using this source pack for 12 months now and love it. Holds all my basics and 2lt and doesnt feel to bad when ridding in the heat.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Burt4x4 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20140515-00743.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	161.4 KB 
ID:	974084

Osprey Raptor 10 and CRASH tested!! Hey this sucker saved my back from trail rash. I only had minor scratches at the kidney area were the pack doesn't reach!

Great pack! I bought it for the tool roll at the bottom, easy access works very well!!
    Fits nice and I forget it is even there when in the groove!!

RIDE!!!!!!!!
    Haha, that's funny! That's going to take some creative truing. Seriously though, Ospery makes the best there is.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast