1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    Jun 2013

(Post edited) What 26" rigid fork....?

(POST EDITED, realized googling is not soooo difficult....;- )

-Hi All, first post here, hope You can help me....

I have a Scott Aspect 610 26" MTB which I use primarily to commute with an occasional ride in the forest, no very demanding biking, I basically prefer MTB over faster bikes as I then doesnīt need to worry about bumps, gravel or punctures, I am not a wild "away the track" kind of guy....

As I primarily use the bike for commuting, I was thinking of ditching the very heavy suspension fork and put a rigid fork instead, preferably in carbon as I believe in doing the right thing right away instead of the secondbest, it cost a little at first but in the long run it pays off....

Now, I donīt know the market, what to look for in terms of getting a fork that will match the bike, and what brand to look for, and what to stay clear of....

I have (now) googled and thereīs a lot of different brands and types, I would prefer something in this style, only based on looks, this exact one seem a little heavy with 720 g, cheap though, but COULD be one of those that one want to stay clear of....:
    Supernova - 26 High Strength EN Standard Full Carbon MTB Rigid Fork - USD $ 188.88

Bjarke

This is my bike....: SCOTT SCOTT Aspect 610 2013

This is the fork I want to replace...: Forgaffel Rock Shox XC32 TK Poploc fra Rock Shox | Cykelpartner.dk
    Last edited by Bjarke; 06-15-2013 at 09:48 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    -Or this one, only thereīs no specīs, could be one of those to stay clear of, anyone who know them...?

S-Bullet fork - Google Search

Bjarke