1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.

Thread: plz delete

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

plz delete

plz delete
    Last edited by Mendosa; 07-30-2011 at 12:24 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Serious question: What would be the point of you buying it? If you really don't want another 26" bike then there really isn't any point to buying it for yourself. If you think you could flip it for a hundred or two, then maybe it would be worthwhile. But then you run the risk of not being able to flip it.

Personally, if I was dead set on a 29er, I think I'd have to pass on this deal. I would have no use for it for myself and I'm not confident in myself to be able to sell it on the street for $500+.

But if I was just thinking about buying a 29er but would be perfectly happy with another 26" then I'd probably have to take that deal.