1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    May 2006

New question here. please help me with this

http://www.2flashgames.com/viewlink....06.htm&id=2066

I need a little help doing stuff on my bike. I can bunny hop a little and wheelie, but how do I do some of this stuff in this video? yea I know there isn't some magic trick I can do that will make me a badass, but i just want basics. For example, how do I do the thing where the spins? I tried and couldn't figure it out. I also want to know how it is possible to balance on 1 wheel, while sitting still.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Well honestly practice and if you can find someone else that can do trials. I have been a bit into trails for about 4 years and can only do about 50% of the stuff in that video. Get protection (knee, shin and elbow and well helmet) and practice on grass ( hurts less than cement, trust me!)
    There are tricks but its all about building on balance, explosive movement and timing.

I know some mags have articles and info, watch some videos and pay attention.

KIN
    Yes its retro but IT WORKS!

8 Speed is great and V-Brakes rock!

Ex-wrench...have a Question just ask!