Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Ouch!!

867 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  zebrahum 
#1 ·
Finally! Took delivery of my Jamis XAM 2 from Jenson. Had LBS check assembly and fine tune.

So four years ago i broke my pelvis (horse accident, not bike.) First ride since that major injury.

At 57 and a bit overweight I was still psyched. Could not sleep last night.

Hit a trail at Santos in Ocala, Fl this morning. Total ride about 10 miles. Bike was sweet. Temp even in the AM was in 90's. Sweated like the provebial pig. Yup, had my Camel Back Mule. So after the ride Im walking to the car and very intense leg cramps. Brought me to my knees, literally. Looked like I was praying to the bike god!!

I get home and pain everywhere; ass, legs, head, arms!

So I get home at 11:30 AM and I lay down. Wake up 10 minutes ago. Headache gone, ass and legs still sore.

Its a good kind of sore. So tomorrow I do it all again.

Hey lifes good. 57 going on 25.

See less See more
#3 ·
Not much you could do about cramps. Just make sure you stretch before you go on a ride. 10km is pretty significant as a first ride in 4 years. Also water, drink a lot of water with vitamin powder in it. My dad had the same problem, cramping and a bad headache and it was brought on by dehydration.

EDIT: For what it's worth, I use the emergen-c brand

#4 ·
Add a supplement for electrolytes like Nuun or Elete and you'll help prevent cramps as you drink your water. Also don't be afraid to stretch once you get back to the car before your muscles cool down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.