1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.

Thread: which one!?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

which one!?

so, been looking at the flite complete setup from pricepoint, but recently saw the mongoose teocali comp for around $1000.

Was wondering if anyone has used both of these bikes and could compare how they feel as far as bob and stability on trails. I know they are kind of different styles, but just would like some input.

http://www.cambriabike.com/shopexd.a...tain+Bike+2009

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/187...onarch-3.1.htm

Thanks