NOOBS!...read this.

Printable View

• 01-02-2017
    ryancoyer
    Good one!!
  • 01-02-2017
    Low-n-Slow
    I was hesitant to join this forum till I read this post, AWESOME!!!
  • 01-02-2017
    Darrellnv
    Interesting forum. Recovering from first crash. Doctor said your no spring chicken, what are you doing on a bike. THE HELL WITH DOCTORS. Still going to ride.
  • 01-13-2017
    jezza27
    New to the site and mountain biking in general. Well put for sure.
  • 01-22-2017
    Tblood
    Thanks for the info
  • 01-23-2017
    grimSPS
    awesome!!
    :):)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CHUM View Post
    From the Surly Blog - a good place to visit.

originally posted by Skip Bernet on the Surly Blog - 06.16.2011

• 01-23-2017
    bachman1961
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Darrellnv View Post
    Interesting forum. Recovering from first crash. Doctor said your no spring chicken, what are you doing on a bike. THE HELL WITH DOCTORS. Still going to ride.

+ hah hah

I got a bit banged up now and then when I came back to riding and felt a bit more adventurous here in CO than my flatlander days in MI. Only really hit it hard once though and my family Dr (also my wife's boss) gave me some gibberish about crashing (shoulder versus ground contact) and my arm was dead/numb for a time. Thing is, he referred me to a ortho Doc and we decided no surgery needed. This other Dr rides too and he said " If you ain't bLEEdin' you ain't ridin' ".

I take it a bit easier and stay within some margin of risk tolerance but I keep it as fun as ever. It's about 18 years later and I'm 55.
  • 02-14-2017
    Yalerider
    Good post thanks, moral of story be happy with what YOU like, keep equipment working and go out and have fun!
  • 02-20-2017
    EpicUnikat
    but does this include a mongoose xr-75 walmart bike? ;) i've read through a few post where someone has a xr75 and everyone but a few people are destroying it. anyway im new here thanks for the post
  • 03-01-2017
    mtbtins
    Love this introduction!
  • 03-16-2017
    Shotgun Jeremy
    Well....now I don't know what to post!

Nice list!