SRL
    mtbr member
    Jun 2014

Noobie saying hi!

Hey all! My name is Stefan and I am brand new to the site. I'm just getting back into biking as a means to get more fit, lose weight, and enjoy what summer has to offer! I spend way too much time in front of a computer.

I picked up my new bike yesterday. Tek 21.5" X-caliber 6. 29" wheels. Yesterday was my first time riding a bike in at least 10 years, and I gotta say, my ass hurts like hell today... Not just feeling bruised, but some almost cut skin? Very very sensitive. I really hope that's something I`ll just build a tolerance to...

My first trip out, I went for a 6km ride through the river valley here in Edmonton Alberta. It really made me realize how much I missed biking. Back at the start of highschool (im 28 now), I did a few 25km xc races, but never stuck with it. Yesterday just being out and about, even though I was incredibly out of shape, and needed a bunch of breaks, I was so very content.

As I mentioned, just overall fitness / weight loss is my main goal, and I plan on commuting to work (5km each way) once my butt can handle it. But living decently close to the mountains, I definitely want to get out there as well for some real trails.

Anyways, just wanted to say hi, and I look forward to meeting everyone!

cheers!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by SRL View Post
    Hey all! My name is Stefan and I am brand new to the site. I'm just getting back into biking as a means to get more fit, lose weight, and enjoy what summer has to offer! I spend way too much time in front of a computer.

I picked up my new bike yesterday. Tek 21.5" X-caliber 6. 29" wheels. Yesterday was my first time riding a bike in at least 10 years, and I gotta say, my ass hurts like hell today... Not just feeling bruised, but some almost cut skin? Very very sensitive. I really hope that's something I`ll just build a tolerance to...

My first trip out, I went for a 6km ride through the river valley here in Edmonton Alberta. It really made me realize how much I missed biking. Back at the start of highschool (im 28 now), I did a few 25km xc races, but never stuck with it. Yesterday just being out and about, even though I was incredibly out of shape, and needed a bunch of breaks, I was so very content.

As I mentioned, just overall fitness / weight loss is my main goal, and I plan on commuting to work (5km each way) once my butt can handle it. But living decently close to the mountains, I definitely want to get out there as well for some real trails.

Anyways, just wanted to say hi, and I look forward to meeting everyone!

cheers!
    Welcome to the forum Stefan! Don't worry, your ass will be fine after a while. Just keep riding
    Last edited by Max24; 03-09-2015 at 11:47 PM.