mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Newbie, neeed help =)

Hello friends.

I'm trying to get back in shape and have some fun so I'm going to pick up a mountain bike to trail ride with my buddies(something I've been putting off for some time due to other interests soaking up all my $$$).

Anyway, I have a $500 budget, and I'm searching on craigslist for something lightly used.

I have the chance to jump on a '04 Cannondale F600 that is super-lightly used(around $500, fair?)

I did some searching on here and it seems like they are a good bike to start on.

I'm 6'0 with about a 31'' inseam(with running shoes on). Will an 18''(medium) frame be alright for me? I know generic sizing charts suggest I get something a little larger - Your thoughts?

Think I'm headed in the right direction? Or should I save up and buy new?

Thanks in advance.

I Have Cookies
    is it the SL or the regular F600, Even for an '04 $500 seems a bit much...I'd look at it first and maybe have it checked out @ an LBS first someone whos familiar with headshocks I'd get it but for a bit less maybe $50 less, they went for about $1000 new,
    The most important thing is what God thinks about it. He will have the final say. Joshua Stinebrink

____
    Kimo

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ae111black
    is it the SL or the regular F600, Even for an '04 $500 seems a bit much...I'd look at it first and maybe have it checked out @ an LBS first someone whos familiar with headshocks I'd get it but for a bit less maybe $50 less, they went for about $1000 new,
    http://baltimore.craigslist.org/bik/1656524127.html

He's going to email me pictures but I might just go check it out in person this week. I'm sure he would take $450 it, sounded flexible in our email interaction.

Or this popped up...

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/m...686708703.html
    Last edited by Crashh; 04-13-2010 at 06:04 PM.