1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
    banned
    Sep 2012
    Lookin good!! Gotta love ebay!

Hope this shuts up the negative Nancys. Now take the bike out and get it dirty!!

-S

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Well done

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

T.W.O.
    Hey great looking bike. Be sure to set up the suspension before your first ride, you have plenty of time while waiting for the bike so read up.
    Congrats.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    The guy is throwing in a set of maxxis 310 tires that look brand new and a bleed kit and an extra magurara front rotor for $80.... im very pleased. Ill be even more happy when the package is accepted at ups and its officially on its way. Im glad I found this deal.

T.W.O.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    The guy is throwing in a set of maxxis 310 tires that look brand new and a bleed kit and an extra magurara front rotor for $80.... im very pleased. Ill be even more happy when the package is accepted at ups and its officially on its way. Im glad I found this deal.
    Sweet, 310 is pretty awesome on the climb, but kind of useless on the way down. takes lots of pics.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I finally have my bike in hand and will be posting a new thread and pictures shortly. Thanks again for the help.

banned
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    I finally have my bike in hand and will be posting a new thread and pictures shortly. Thanks again for the help.
    WOOT!! Congrats!

-S

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    bump where the pics at?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7