mtbr member
    Apr 2013

New question here. new to riding again I have 2 bikes in budget plz help I dont know the difference.

So basically I am looking at these to just to mainly ride around town nothing fancy, just for fun and to get back into cycling. These are the only 2 I can afford right now, and since I have a ***** giftcard. So if you guys could mainly tell me the difference between the two That would be great. I want the better bike for just fun riding on sidewalk and light dirt.

Diamondback sorrentor or response xe.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    The xe has disc brakes. It would be useful to get something with 8 speeds at least to get a freehub. It will last longer. 29er would also be useful.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Yea those are all I can get right now. I would rather ride something than nothing at all. I can't go out and buy those nice bikes a lot of u guys can right now. So the only main difference is the brakes.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    If you can only choose between these two bikes, I think you will be better off with the response xe. Definitely better components on the xe than the sorrento. For one, the disc brakes on the xe is a huge step up over the v-brakes the sorrento has. Better components and worth the upgrade should you decide to pimp it up in the future. Though, for a little more money you can just get the response xe 29er. If you're going to spend money on a new bike better pick one you can ride for a long time. You'll get more bang for your buck that way.
    I'm hard yet soft, I am coloured yet clear, I am fruity and sweet. I am jelly. What am I?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mdsniper7 View Post
    Yea those are all I can get right now. I would rather ride something than nothing at all. I can't go out and buy those nice bikes a lot of u guys can right now. So the only main difference is the brakes.
    Get the disc brakes one..
    Last edited by Max24; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:38 PM.