mtbr member

New to MTBR and to biking

Hello all, my name is Avinesh Prasad, I am new to the forum and to biking period. I wanted to introduce myself and I figured while I am at it if I can't get a little bit of advice. I am in the market for a mountain bike, I will use it mainly on road and for daily exercise but on the weekends I plan on hitting some off road trails. I went to the local bike shop (Don's Bike Shop Rialto) and I was very pleased with the info and quality of service I received. I put a down on lay away a GT Aggressor 1.0 after looking at quite a few bikes and I am pretty excited because I can't wait until I get to start riding. I started doing some research and even though I like the Aggressor (total is $500) I was wondering if I might be able to go a little better for lets say another $50? I know nothing about bikes, all your input is appreciated. *EDIT* I forgot to mention I am 6' 300lbs. the frame for the aggressor is an xl

mtbr member
    After some research and review readings it turns out that I will most likely just stick with the aggressor. Plenty of information here, it is awesome.