1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: new to mtb

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

new to mtb

hi im new to the world of mtbing but not bikes i have rode a bike since i was 4 and loved it i currnetly race bmx and i am a novice i got to watching mtb videos and said im gona do stuff like this wel i went out and got me a mtb and i love it i have already jumped it and i am curruntly build a mtb trail on my land i have 3 friends that live close helping me but only one has a mtb the others are getting theirs latter together we hope to make mtb trails that will be the best in oklahoma my land is mostly woods and flat land there is some terreces here and there so we have to cut trees cut limbs and make our own jumps and stuff we hope to be done by march-april but sadly on my mtb today i hit a jump and did a whip and it bent my back rim looks like i need stronger rims

CSC
    mtbr member
    May 2011
    Photos of bikes and trail features would be awesome! I bet you could build a sweet pump track since it's fairly level there

Cow Clicker
    cool what kid of bike do you have is it built for jumping because there are different types of bikes designed to do different things how much land do you have is it sloped or flat have fun
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

mtbr member
    sounds like a fun trail project! have you guys done any bridges &/or teeter totters?
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    well we just started friday so right now were just getting them ceared out and were dong it with a some hege clipers, shovels, wheelbarrow, rake, and a hand saw. and yes we are thinking of puttting a couple of pump sections in and some bridges and there gona be some wooden turns mabey. like i said the land is mostly flat with a few terecces that like big rollers i post pics later today

Cow Clicker

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Nice

Nice man

mtbr member
    Very cool back yard.

Quote Originally Posted by wmac View Post

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    definitely a cool backyard. Thanks for the pic..

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Holy crap, best yard ever!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    That is...legendary.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

track video

sorry i could not post it eariler computer srewed up and sorry if the video sucks
    my mtb track - YouTube

Cow Clicker
    I love your enthusiasm. Unfortunately, that bike isn't designed for jumping. You could possibly straighten it out, but, if you keep jumping it, it's just going to keep happening. I'm guessing you got it at WalMart? If you bought an extended warranty, they might take it back with their no questions asked policy and swap it for a new one. If you get it swapped or fixed, you shouldn't jump anymore.

You could put jump wheels on your bike, but they wil be $$$.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    It's not from Walmart got it from a bike shop in the city and I am Gona put stronger wheels on it and upgrade the suspension

Cow Clicker
    Sorry, couldn't tell what model it is.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Where in Oklahoma are you? I live here too and I'm trying to get into mtb myself!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    What town u live in

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Upset mtb stollen

well my mtb got stollen today i went to school and when came home went out to the bulding and it was gone i guess i acteintly left it open good thing i have 2 extra bikes and im still building my trails

Cow Clicker
    That sucks! See of your home owner's insurance will cover it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    It won't

Cow Clicker
    Sucks - sorry to hear it. Check this out: Airborne Bicycles. Dirt Jump

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxrider13 View Post
    What town u live in
    Shawnee, about 45 minutes from okc

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    i llive in shawnee to

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    No kidding? What's your name?

mtbr member