Thread: New Mojave 8.0

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

New Mojave 8.0

Hey everyone i just wanted to introduce myself and my new bike. I just bought a Raleigh Mojave 8.0 the other day for $615. The price was right and i figured it was a decent platform to start with. I intend to throw some money at it and make it a solid XC trail bike. I've only been seriously riding mountain bikes for the last year or so, but i have been on Bmx bikes all my life. (i also have a Standard STA) So far i love my Raleigh and think it was definately the right choice.

As for me, my name is Tom and im from South Jersey. I am a MK (machinery technician) in the United States Coast Guard. Currently stationed in Barnegat Light, NJ. I look forward to becoming an active member here and it seems like you guys have a great forum!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Congrats on the Raleigh! I just recently got a Mojave 4.0 myself and I'm a big fan Welcome to the forums, I'm new as well but Im hooked. Enjoy the bike

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    i have an 07 mojave 8.0 .. so far it has been good ... but i have put about 400 more into it, new seat, seatpost, stem, handlebars, tires and hydro brakes ... still got to get a better fork ...

but i still like it =)

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Thanks for the welcome guys. I just bought new Truvativ Holzfeller pedals for it. The first of many upgrades to come!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Congratulations on the bike purchase!Looks like you did good...

http://www.bicycling.com/article/1,6...5820-1,00.html

Enjoy!

Chris

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Yea, so far the bike has been great! That must be an older model in that article because my '08 is black and has a RockShox Tora fork. Thanks again

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Hey Tom,
    I have the 07 model and have put a relatively high amount of money into it. Im attempting to make a nice racing bike. I have a new Shimano crank on, Clipless pedals, new grips. On my list is a new fork. Something white to stand out on my black bike. The 2007 comes with a Suntour XCR. on the trail i just hear it bottom out.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Im planning a similar build, im pretty happy with the setup so far, but i definately want to lighten it up a little and throw some money into it. I just got new pedals and they are awesome.(Truvativ Holzfeller) Thanks for the welcome!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    yeah mine is an 07 with the suntour fork ... thats the reason i have it on my list to replace ...

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    That is good to hear. I was looking at getting one over the winter. Seems like a good all around trail bike that can grow with you.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    i definately recommend it. It is an awesome bike out of the box, but also has some room for upgrades as you improve. And you cant beat the price