mtbr member
    Jun 2011

New Handlebar Fit

I bought a breezer thunder comp( I can't post the link, got it from bikesdirect) that has a 1 1/8' headset/stem and was wondering if they would fit these raceface deus riser bars with a 31.8 mm diameter. My understanding is that with a 1 1/8' headset/stem I need a 28.66 mm diameter handlebars.

Any help is greatly appreciated

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    The bikesdirect site doesn't specify if the stem/handlebars are 25.4 or 31.8 but when I checked the Ritchey website is shows your stem to only be available in 31.8 so you'll probably be fine with the new bars fitting your stem.

If you're going with a wider bar, make sure you have enough slack in the shifter/brake cables through the full movement of the bars.You'll probably be fine if you're not really going more than 2" wider overall.

T.W.O
    31.8 is pretty much the standard. Usually it's hard to find the other sizing unless your trying to be cheap and purchase some crazy close out deal, that's the reason why it's so cheap because it won't fit your bars lol.
    ------__o
    ----_`\<,_
    ---(_)/ (_)

Made in Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_K View Post
    The bikesdirect site doesn't specify if the stem/handlebars are 25.4 or 31.8 but when I checked the Ritchey website is shows your stem to only be available in 31.8 so you'll probably be fine with the new bars fitting your stem.
    I noticed that as well, and its likely that the model on bikesdirect is also 31.8mm, just as an aside to the OP to be sure, you can quickly measure the bar diameter where the bars are attached to the stem and ensure its 31.8mm before dropping the money on a new set of bars! It'll take 30 seconds and might save you some hassle!
    STOLEN: '07 Banshee Viento - See Eastern Canada Forum for Pictures. If anyone sees it contact me ASAP!