Thread: New guy here

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

New guy here

I'd like to say hello to everyone in one the friendliest forums I have been on in a while. I'm learning a lot by all the helpful advice I have been reading. Such as never to mess with my derailleur screws and leave it to a LBS(until I know more about the mechanics..lol.)Luckily they're only going to charge 20 bucks to adjust the front and rear ones for me.

I haven't rode a bike since I was16. Back then it was a GT and a Redline BMX.I was into flatland real heavy.Now in my late 30's I rented a 7 speed Comfort bike on the bike trail last month and was instantly hooked, I forgot how much fun being on a bike is.

I wanted a bike bad but being on disability puts a damper on the ol' budget. I ended up getting a Schwinn Mirada on craigslist really cheap. Now I'm selling tons of stuff on ebay towards a Cannondale Trail 6, Specialized Hardrock SE, Trek 3700, or maybe a GT Avalanche 3.0 or a Raleigh Talus 3.0. Are all these bikes good for beginners ?

P.S. I tend to ramble a lot

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Hi Littlewolf! I'm new too. Welcome.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    hi!!

Probably drunk right now

Welcome...

All the bikes you listed are well made and will suite you fine. The most important aspect is ensuring that they fit you properly.
    JPark - 3.5- don't listen to dremer

Afric Pepperbird
    Welcome to a great forum!

Although I must say $20 to adjust derailleurs seems a bit high to me.

Members who have read this thread: 0