1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.

Thread: New guy here

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

New guy here

Hello from North Texas. I've been a member of this forum for a while, but have not been active. I upgraded my diamondback sorrento to an Ibex Alpine 650 about a year and a half ago, but am just now really getting into riding it like I should. I've mostly just been riding hard packed and asphalt trying to build up some endurance, but hope to start hitting the trails soon. This forum has been a wealth of information from back when I was looking to purchase a bike to today when I am looking for information, tips, and tricks to make me a better rider. Thanks everyone for all the info and keep up the great posts.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Welcome, enjoy the trails!

AZ
    banned
    Welcome , look forward to a ride report .

mtbr member
    Hi how are you good to see you on the forum.