Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

New to Freeride Help me out please

681 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  snaky69 
#1 ·
Ok i just started doing like urban riding like 2 years ago. I do about 75% urban riding and about 25% trail and offraod riding. I have a Giant S.T.P. 3 right now i am thinking about moving up another level. I am not sure if this will help but i am 6' 1'' and 160lbs. I have about 600$ to spend and i could really use some suggestions on bikes, but right now i am liking the Gary Fisher Mullet. If you have any information on picking a bike or suggetions on bikes let me know please thanks alot!

THE IrOn_MaN

#2 ·
You'll hate this answer but save up another 600. Then you'll really be able to pull the trigger on a great ride. It sounds like you're looking for a jump bike you can still ride on trail, right? Every maker out there makes one. I would find a great LBS and see what their offerings are. Just don't go on ebay for a DJ bike. That's one of those things that can go bad really fast. Check out the Kona Stuff or Cowan, or Santa Cruz Jackel (or Chameleon) for taller guys. I can only recommend what models i know but there are tons out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.