1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.

Thread: New bike

mtbr member
    Dec 2013

New bike

Just received my bike from BD a Gravity 29point4 all the labels on the box were right for the bike I opened it up inspected everything started putting the bike together and noticed the frame is a 27.5 the frame says 27 five G2 the rear tire is really close to the front derailleur the fork is 29 the wheels and tires are 29 what should I do.

contact BD?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    The guys at BD are who have the answers.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jones1018 View Post
    Just received my bike from BD a Gravity 29point4 all the labels on the box were right for the bike I opened it up inspected everything started putting the bike together and noticed the frame is a 27.5 the frame says 27 five G2 the rear tire is really close to the front derailleur the fork is 29 the wheels and tires are 29 what should I do.
    Have you contacted BD? They will most likely replace it for you...

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I sent them photos and all the info just trying to see if anyone else has had the same problum. Thanks guys for the response.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I was contacted by BD today the are paying for the shipping. They are also sending me a new bike. I thought this was going to be hard to deal with I just want people to know their customer service is great and I received excellent service.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I'm sure you were bummed out a bit but it sounds like they are going to take good care of you on it. Good for them and hope you get the new bike together soon.