1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I have nothing but positive things to say about BD. I recently bought a Motobecane Fantom Comp and have numerous trail rides on it already. Rock steady and I love it!

Save up to 60% off new Mountain Bikes - MTB - Motobecane 2012 Fantom Comp

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I am also a new Motobecane 450HT owner. Bought the bike from bikeshopwearhouse.com (they have an 800 number) and am really delighted. The bike looks good (the orange paint is awesome), rides great, and just feels right.

I had the bike assembled by a LBS whose lead mechanic is a former racer. After assembling the bike he took it for a short ride and came back with a big grin on his face. When asked how he liked it, his response was, "I like it...a lot. You got a great bike for the money."

Needless to say I recommend both the 450 HT and the bikeshopwearhouse.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I have a BD bike. I'm pretty happy with it overall for a first real bike. Not a fan of the Tektro Novela brakes though. They're noisy and need frequent adjustments. I'm planning on upgrading them over the winter.

mtbr member
    Nice jdmskis - I have the same so far love mine! at least got me riding! you should post a pic in the Motobecane forum
    2013 Cannondale Trail SL 3

"You will never ride alone"

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I'm a new 450ht owner and the bike is very nice for the price. I would reccomend one to anyone looking for an entry level bike

Rogue Exterminator

mtbr member
    The frame seems good. Cant go wrong with 7005/7050 etc. alum material. But I would have to upgrade
    everything else sooner or later.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2