mtbr member

Need help on first MTB.

Hey guys So Im just about ready to buy my first MTB and I am just not sure what to buy just yet. I have been riding racing BMX for years and am ready to make a move to MTB now. With that being said Im just not sure what bike to buy, I know I want a front and rear shock, I tired riding two different bikes few weeks ago, one was full suspension and one was front shock with hard tail. I fell in love with the ride comfort of the full suspension so I know thats what I want. I have been to my local shop and tested out a Transition Bandit and I love it. However I want to make sure that before I make purchase that I check out everything there is to check out. I know I want to buy it through them because I believe firmly in supporting your local shops to help keep business local. As far as brands that they carry, they have Transition, Santa Cruz, and Kona. The Bandit is 3k itself and I am not afraid to spend the money I always believe "if your going to do it, do it right and do it once". Anyway I wanted to see some opinons and what people thought as far as a bike choice something between 2k-3k.

Thank you

mtbr member
    May 2011
    What kind of riding are you looking at doing? If you aren't going to do any crazy freeride or downhill then you might not need lots of travel which will get you better components for the money. For example if you buy a $3000 bike aimed at crazy downhill then your not going to get the same level of quality as a bike made for less extreme riding. Most important is to get what fits and ride it!

mtbr member
    looking for more Trail riding. Up and downhill but not planing doing any big drops. Biggest drop I could see myself doing is 5-8 foot tops. I like the feel of the Bandit, I was able to ride it around the lot, but this was with a broken foot (did not know at the time) so it was hard to really put weight on it.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I'd wait to go back till your foot is better so you can properly "feel" the bikes. That's a lot of coin to drop on a bike so it's important to get a good feel for them all.

Hope your foot heals up soon man!

mtbr member
    Yea I'm waiting for my cast to come off, 2 more weeks. Just trying to get an idea for now.

Thanks

Cool kid using Tapatalk from my iPhone

Members who have read this thread: 0