1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    May 2013

Need help to decide! Which of these 3 bikes should I buy?

Hello, I'm new to this forum and I really need some help about this. I'm looking forward to buy one of these 3 bikes:

2011 Trek 3900 Disc vs 2012 Fuji Nevada 4.0 vs 2013 Raleigh Talus 3.0

but I can't really decide which one is the best. I intend to use it in the city but mostly for road traveling, long ones, also for starting mountain biking, and basically to go everywhere on it. So please any help would be really apreciated.

mtbr member
    The Trek has disc brakes and 100 mm of fork travel. I'd be inclined to go with it. The Raleigh is a 7 spd Vs 8 for the other 2. I think the disc brakes are the main advantage of the Trek over the other 2.

mtbr member
    The Trek seems to be the best components. I would say to ride all three and see what feels best for you.