1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Upset Need help for choosing between 2 great deal! enduro comp vs fsr xc comp

Hi, I'm at the point of buying my first mtb. So I got 2 pretty good deal! The first is a 2000$ enduro comp 2012 mint condition used as a demo in a bike shop. The second is a fsr xc comp 2009 brand new for 1100$

It's two totally different bike I know but i'm thinking long term here. I got about a little more than 2k of budget. If I go with the enduro I got a really good package from the start and plenty of travel. If I go with the fsr i still have money to buy accessories, upgrades and I have a warranty.

The enduro really appeals me but I can't try it because it'S on the internet. The FSR is a pretty good deal at my local bike shop and it fits me good but lacks the travel and good parts of the enduro. But it could be a good bike to start to know what I love from a bike!

Tough choice! What do you think guys?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    If you provide a spec list for each, may get better responses.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Forget it guys! problem solved I bought the enduro!