1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    May 2013

NEED HELP: About fork

Well, I use a Upland Leader mountain bike as my secondary one, it was a pretty cheap deal. Its been over a year and its fork is kind of became bad.

It has a Suntour XCM V3 (2011) Fork.

I've seen a video on how to open the fork and clean it. Video link is here: How To: Revamp your entry level fork - YouTube

In the video they've shown how to open budget range forks and clean them. Video itself speaks pretty good but I'm confused about one thing.

My fork has a pre-load option on both of the top side which I have to adjust manually. Now, in the video the fork they've used doesn't seem to has a preload option (I guess).
    Now my question is, will there be any problem opening my fork like in the video? Does that preload option will be a difficult thing for me?

Or I should just open the fork like they did in the video?

(I Can provide some pics of my fork if you guys want)

mtbr member
    I didn't watch your video link.

maybe this thread will help suntour-xcr-fork-maintenance-disassembly-repair-fix-service
    Duct tape iz like teh Force. It has a Lite side and a Dark side and it holdz the Universe together.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mitzikatzi View Post
    I didn't watch your video link.

maybe this thread will help suntour-xcr-fork-maintenance-disassembly-repair-fix-service

Yes, that one helped a lot! I'll disassemble the fork tomorrow I guess

Thanks!

Edit: I can't unscrew the preload part. :/ can you help on how to? I don't have the tool but the guy said he used pliers.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by xfahim View Post
    Can't unscrew the preload part. :/ can you help on how to? I don't have the tool but the guy said he used pliers.
    Looks like a 12 point socket may fit that. If not you can take it in to your lbs to loosen it. You could put some tape on it and use a pliers, but you may mark it.