1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Need advice - Woodstock 707

What do you think about this bike? It is a good inversion?

http://www.woodstockbikes.com/707/707.htm

Im returning the Mongoose HR - Comp to Walmart LOL

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Forget it. Just knew Woodstock won't ship where I live.

Any other place where I buy online directly from the manufacturer?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Try Ibex or Bikesdirect. Don't know if they ship to PR or not.

Perhaps Woodstock would ship to PR If you were willing to pay a little extra for postage?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    That's strange that they won't ship to you.. Did you contact owners Jimmy or Libby directly? They're usually pretty accomodating if you explain your situation. Like it was said, maybe for a few extra bucks??
    Ever been to Mountain Bike Tales Digital Magazine? Now if only the print rags would catch on!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    RSCycle has some nice sub-$1000 FS rides too.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Perhaps Woodstock would ship to PR If you were willing to pay a little extra for postage?

I was checking the shipping faq, and they only ship to Alaska and Hawaii outside US, no more.

But I will drop an email to see what they tell me.

So then again, is this a good bike?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I found the tread of Mishapman taking about the bike. I will continue on his tread so to avoid repeating info.

Tnx a lot and sorry for mispelled words LOL English is second language and I dont practice a lot LOL

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Assuming you already saw this review from the other thread but figured I would drop it again if you hadn't:

http://www.mountainbiketales.com/reviews/707.htm

Sounds like a great deal if they'll ship it to you.
    Ever been to Mountain Bike Tales Digital Magazine? Now if only the print rags would catch on!