mtbr member
    May 2006

my old Cannondale bike

Hi,
    I bought a Cannondale Super V 900 mountain bike almost 10 years ago. I was riding on it to go to school (not often though) for the first two years. It spent most of its time in the garage/storage. It has very low miles. A local bike shop did a tune up a few years ago. Other than lubing the chain, I didn't do much maintanence to the bike. Now, I really want to go mountain biking with a friend and I'm planning to bring it to the shop again for another tune-up to get it ready.

Do you guys think this bike is still good to use? What should I pay attention to? If it's still a good bike to use, I'll probably keep riding it until I am very serious in this sport. Then I'll upgrade to a new bike.

any comments would be greatly appreciated.

pronounced may-duh
    Yes that is a very trail worthy bike. Make sure your tires are in good shape. Rubber can degrade over time. Carry a spare tube and a pump with you so you can change a flat. Enjoy!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Great. Thanks for the reply. I'll bring it to a bike shop this week for servicing/tune-up and they can check the tires for me.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Had a super v 700 for 10 years. Loved it!!!!!!!

i suck at riding
    May 2006
    still riding my 97 superv700....its strong like bull