1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My new bike!

mtbr member
    Ride it like you stole it!

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by zebrahum View Post
    It's a membership rewards program, I think it's free and you get money back on all your purchases. It really adds up when you buy big ticket items.
    It is $20 for a lifetime membership.
    It actually excludes a lot of purchases

10% is typical but not guaranteed. Your refund is based on eligible purchases, which exclude REI-OUTLET.com items, sale and clearance items (prices ending in $._9 or $._3), items discounted 15% or more, gift cards, REI Adventures trips, REI Outdoor School classes and outings, sales tax, postage, mounting, engraving, labor, rental fees and membership fee.

Still well worth it even if your purchase does not qualify as you get other special REI promotions and their yard sale items are exclusively sold to members. My REI has a good yard sale section.

If the bike is eligible the purchase more than pays for membership though so I would go back and get them membership and make sure they put it on there.

Another benefit of being a member is that even though their lifetime satisfaction guarantee applies to members and nonmembers alike, if you use your membership then you do not have to keep up with the receipt if you ver need to make a return.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Like the look of these, was on my shortlist of potential new rides!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Nice bike dude , i likes it

mtbr member
    nice bike

mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Re: My new bike!

Looks great!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Feb 2013