1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    May 2013

My first mountain bike!

After going mountain biking with my friend over the weekend and enjoying it so much, I have decided to purchase a mountain bike of my own. Up until now i have owned bikes mostly from target and other big box stores except for a single speed that i bought from a local bike shop. They have been good, but never great. I finally decided to spend the money and get a proper bike.

As of a couple days ago, i am the proud new owner of a 2013 Diamondback Overdrive Sport 29er. So far I absolutely love it. It is my first bike with 29 inch wheels, disc brakes, and a front shock absorber.

I joined the forum to learn more about bikes and trail riding so please bear with me. I look forward to posting more on this forum now that i have obtained my bike and a couple of other bike related items. I will attach some pictures of the bike at the end so i can show off my new beauty.

P.S. I am a noobie here so please let me know if i posted this in the wrong section of the forum. Thanks

My first mountain bike!-img_2113.jpgMy first mountain bike!-img_2110.jpg

mtbr member
    congrats, enjoy the ride.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodyknee View Post
    congrats, enjoy the ride.
    Thanks!

Hi There!
    Go get 'em tiger!
    NTFTC

mtbr member