1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.

Thread: My first Drop

My bike is cooler then me

My first Drop

I've been riding for a little over 2 years... the first 4 months ended with me face planting a spine like a lawn dart. well a cracked helmet, broken calvical, rib and knee cap later, four months in bed and lots of time to think about what i did wrong lead me to build up, learn up, practice up and step up my self and my rig.

here is my first successful drop.

*note* there are some pics of me at Ray's MTB Park doing a 'drop' what it really was is a 5" tall step with a down ramp that i more or less fell off of... cause was... well am a nooblar this is my own controlled action here.

thanks guys... just grabing my few moments of glory
    thanks for looking

ok back to lurking.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '09 Cannondale Moto Carbon 2

'is that a Thomson in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?'

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Nice!

Glad to hear you're back up and charging after your wreck. Hope things continue to go well for you.

My bike is cooler then me
    thanks you and me too. i was so pissed off about falling so hard that i couldn't wait to get back up and show gravity i wasn't its biotch...

actaully that you cant see the grass on that drop till your over the lip... freaked me way out... but now i feel pretty bad ass HAHA.... 50 ft senders HERE I COME... ok maybe not, haha.
    '09 Cannondale Moto Carbon 2

'is that a Thomson in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?'

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Is this the same drop that resulted in so much carnage a few months prior?