1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    GT FIEND

My first bike!!!

This was my first bike...I think I was 13 or 14 at the time. Probably 10-15 years ago. Old russian bike lol!! When I came to Moscow with this bike one of the kids I knew was riding some GT, when I tried it I felt like a fool for years. And now in 2010 I got my first GT after so many years. I had some other bikes but this was rly the first!. Good old times....it used to weight a ton though and it wasn't as nice as on the pic. :-)

http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=russia...w=1600&bih=799

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Big pimpin man!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    very cool!

GT FIEND