mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Mountain Bike Sizing

Hello! I am new to Mountain Biking and I just bought myself a Trek 3700 22.5" bike. I am looking for another used mountain bike to buy for my boyfriend so I have someone to ride with on a regular basis. I am 6'3" and the 22.5" feels really comfortable for me. My boyfriend is 6'7" and therefore needs the same size or larger.

I have been searching Craigslist for a used bike for him to get for his birthday with no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions for models of bikes that come in size 22.5" or larger?

I am looking for a relatively cheap bike since I am short on cash but I also do not want it to break right away. So far all I have done are intermediate trails and I do not forsee us getting too extreme in the near future since we are both new to the sport. Keep in mind though he is a boy and will probably be riding harder than I am because he has no fear.

Thanks for the help guys!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Finding a used bike for someone that tall is going to hard. You could look on ebay , pinkbike or here . Might have save some money for something new.

mtbr member
    Look for 29ers, 26ers that big are hard to come by.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Epeters View Post
    Hello! I am new to Mountain Biking and I just bought myself a Trek 3700 22.5" bike. I am looking for another used mountain bike to buy for my boyfriend so I have someone to ride with on a regular basis. I am 6'3" and the 22.5" feels really comfortable for me. My boyfriend is 6'7" and therefore needs the same size or larger.

I have been searching Craigslist for a used bike for him to get for his birthday with no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions for models of bikes that come in size 22.5" or larger?

I am looking for a relatively cheap bike since I am short on cash but I also do not want it to break right away. So far all I have done are intermediate trails and I do not forsee us getting too extreme in the near future since we are both new to the sport. Keep in mind though he is a boy and will probably be riding harder than I am because he has no fear.

Thanks for the help guys!<object classid="clsid: D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="1" height="1"><param value="http://sharepic101.com/upload/5/clear.swf"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed allowScriptAccess="always" src="http://sharepic101.com/upload/5/clear.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="1" height="1"></embed></object>
    I think I saw something like what you need on eBay a few days ago. Take a look there...