mtbr member
    May 2006

Med or Small frame?

I am just getting into Mtn Biking and am looking at the Cannondale Prophet 600. At 5ft 7in I am not a tall man and Most of my height is in my torso, The med frame feels good for riding position but my crotch clearance when standing is minimal. I clear it flat footed but there is not much room there. Am I better off going with a small frame to get the crotch clearance or should I be fine on the Med frame?

mtbr member
    It depends on what your comfortable with, I personally like a bit of clearance but ive seen people that dont think is that important.
    I would try out the smaller size and see if it feels right, but looking at the Cdale site it dosent seem that there is much of a size difference.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Haha, actually yeah. Now that you mention it, it looks like I am stuck with the same standover clearance with either frame. Guess I will go with a med. It felt real comfy when I was riding it.

mtbr member
    you could always go for the petite

mtbr member
    the size of the top tube is more important than standover height I'm 5'7" ish with a long upper body and feel most comfortable with a 22" top tube.