Thread: Magna Mt. Bike

mtbr member

Magna Mt. Bike

What up with it?
    Last edited by cdidit; 08-18-2008 at 10:16 PM.

uhhhhhyea
    I would suggest that a mod step in and lock this thread, it could get ugly... however, in these cases, the diplomatic way for the conversation to unfold would be this:

"So you're interested in mountain biking"
    "uh huh"
    "with that?"
    "yeah"
    "look at your owner's manual, page 1"
    "it says 'not for off-road use'... WTF??"
    "I'd recommend ________ (name of LBS), they'll set you right. If you want to research your purchase, MTBR.com is agreat resource"
    "Thanks!"

mtbr member
    Since he really doesn't know much, he would surely feel that his bike was a better deal specially when he learns that you spent north of $2.5K on your ride and he only spent $139. I was in the same boat as this guy when I started and like him I did not see the reason why you should spend so much to do the same thing, Like him my first bike was purchased from Target and I rode it hard long enough that I had to change tires, and I saw it expensive to spend for $20 on real mtb tires when I can get the same sized tires from Walmart for half the price. I eventually saw the shortcomings of my bike and I even stupidly upgraded the front fork MOZO fork to a Manitou Answer X-Vert 4 inch DC fork. After that first upgrade, I got bitten by the performance bug and I started seeing things at a different light. Luckily my Mongoose Target bike did not fail me as I only messed up the wheels after I endoed a 2 footer.
    DH:Mountain Cycle Shockwave 9.5 w/ 888R
    FR:Marin Quake w/ 888RC
    AM:BMC Superstroke 01 w/ 66RC2X