Thread: Lycra convert

mtbr member

Lycra convert

Alright I'm sold, I know it's been beaten to death but I had to find out for myself. I rode on a pair of cheap Ebay lycra knickers for a couple days now and I can see why roadie dudes go through the mental ridicule of being caught on skin tight..tights :-) My chode is thanking me and honestly it kinda shows off muscular calves. For a sub $25 knicker these are sewn well and looks very well made.

My other ride is your mom
    I gotta say, when I'm riding PHX in the summer....lycra shorts vs. baggies with lycra liner are so nice...ventilation is good when it's over 100 degrees.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    the main reason i have them is so i dont catch my pants on my seat. my wife hates the way i look, but function comes before fasion in this case.
    Living in Houston makes me more of a Ditch Bike Rider

Man my bike needs a better motor

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I agree completely.....yet, I still cant bring myself to wearing them on my mountain bike. (even though i wear them on the road everyday).

And I have had my share of falls thanks to my shorts catching.

I'd rather be on my bike
    They are wonderful. I enjoy mine with an outer shell though. With a proper fitting layer over the top, they shouldn't catch on the saddle.

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide

... and if we just ...

Funny thread as so many die-hard MTB'rs refuse to ride in 'mandex' suits until they find out how comfy it really is to ride in them. I also don't like getting caught on my saddle like I did when I was using the baggy shorts. All in all a good switch for me..
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

mtbr member
    I always wear roadie shorts, preferably bib shorts. But I usually wear baggies, partly for look and partly to protect my road shorts from crashes.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer View Post
    I gotta say, when I'm riding PHX in the summer....lycra shorts vs. baggies with lycra liner are so nice...ventilation is good when it's over 100 degrees.
    I'm a lycra convert! At least until it cools down a bit. They feel soooo much better I may not go back to baggy shorts. I never, ever thought I would say this