Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

lube help

715 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  PanicFan77 
#1 ·
so the REI dividend came, and a portion of it is going to go towards replacing my current cleaning supplies, i never really knew what to get in the first place, so before i do another dumb, i would like to know what i should get. also, is a chain cleaner really something i should look into getting? i ride all dh

#4 ·
I don't like spray silicone at all. It doesn't lube like a good chain lube will. It was actually making my chain squeak. I use Pedros All-Purpose Extra Dry. It is light enough that it doesn't gum up and it keeps everything nice and smooth as long as you maintain the parts properly and lube when needed. A prpoerly lubed chain will last longer and shift better and will wear less on the other parts.

David

#5 ·
I personally love my Park Tools Chain Cleaner...I know it isn't something you can have, and you can clean your chain in other ways...but for the $20 it costs it is an easy way to fully degrease your chain...then you just gotta add more lube and you are all set!!

I usually clean my bike after every ride (unless it just isn't that dirty and I am too spent to do it)...but my usual method is clean off the bike, scrub the cogs, chain, etc... and apply lube where needed...then every other ride or two I will use the chain cleaner and really get it degreased and relubed...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.