mtbr member
    Mar 2015

Looking for repair stand

I am looking for my first repair stand. Not going to carry it around a lot, will mostly use it at home. Budget is up to $300.

From old threads, it seems like Feedback Sports Pro Elite is the best stand out there for my requirements.

I recently saw Feedback Sports Sprint Repair Stand, any opinions?

Do you have a different opinion, please do share.

I own a Diamondback Sync'r.

Edit: Being worried about dropper post with a habit of over-tightening so much that I broke my last QR, I bought Feedback Sports Sprint Repair Stand.
    Last edited by Ruturaj Hagawane; 1 Week Ago at 02:25 PM.

mtbr member
    Couple feet of rope, thrown over a tree limb, porch beam or such. Holds the bike by the seat. Adjustable, portable and cheap.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by milliesand View Post
    Couple feet of rope, thrown over a tree limb, porch beam or such. Holds the bike by the seat. Adjustable, portable and cheap.
    Lol, lack of trees is a concern around my neighborhood. I am getting reimbursed from my employer, don't have anything else on my mind that I would like to buy.

jcd's best friend
    Have you looked at any of the Park Tool maintenance stands?

I forgot which stand I purchased a few years ago. It's a portable model. I like to fold it up and store it in my garage when I don't need it out.
    Trek Émonda SL6 | Octane One Prone 29

Interplanetary Poultry
    Park PCS-4. I has the older version for years and never had an issue. I still regret getting rid of it.
    Editor In Chief, "Internet Tough Guy Magazine"
    "Home of Chuck Norris' Keyboard"

Interplanetary Poultry
    One a side note, you can sometimes find the Park PRS (professional repair stands) on Craigslist for cheap, definitely worthwhile if you have space to leave a stand assembled.
    Editor In Chief, "Internet Tough Guy Magazine"
    "Home of Chuck Norris' Keyboard"

mtbr member
    I have the Feedback Sports Sprint Repair Stand, and I'm satisfied with it. It will fold up out of the way in the shop when not in use, it supports the many bikes that I have. I didn't want a clamp on type for use with a dropper post.

mtbr member
    I have a Bikehand Pro Mechanic Bicycle/Bike Repair Rack Stand and love it. It's one of the few stands that aren't over-priced. It's on Amazon for $89.00

It's very light, folds up well, and includes a tool tray.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Thank you, guys. I was considering Park-tool but ended up getting Feedback Sports Sprint Repair Stand out of fear of damaging dropper post. I have a bad habit of over-tightening. Price wasn't a concern since I am getting reimbursed through employer wellness plan.
    Last edited by Ruturaj Hagawane; 1 Week Ago at 02:25 PM.

mtbr member
    I have had a Park PCS-1, PCS-4 and now a PRS 2.2, all Craig's List buys. The PCS-4 was kinda portable. If you can find a PRS with the steel base for $200-$300 AND have the place to set it up and leave it, it's the way to go. Mine is a dual head and I store my road bike on one side and fat/mountain bike on the other.

For a truly portable stand, Feedback is a quality unit.

jcd's best friend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruturaj Hagawane View Post
    Thank you, guys. I was considering Parktool but ended up getting Feedback Sports Sprint Repair Stand out of fear of damaging dropper post. I have a bad habit of overtightening. Price wasn't a conern since I was getting reimmberesed through employer wellness plan.
    Great to hear you found something! I might need to check that stand out too. My stand has soft jaws and I lock my dropper into it all the time. You just need to adjust the clamp so the bike can hang in it's natural position while clamping the dropper. It takes most of the stress off the dropper post. Sometimes, I clamp the top tube depending on what I am doing.

If you do get a regular stand later on, just make sure you clean the jaws out!
    Trek Émonda SL6 | Octane One Prone 29

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Battery View Post
    Great to hear you found something! I might need to check that stand out too. My stand has soft jaws and I lock my dropper into it all the time. You just need to adjust the clamp so the bike can hang in it's natural position while clamping the dropper. It takes most of the stress off the dropper post. Sometimes, I clamp the top tube depending on what I am doing.

If you do get a regular stand later on, just make sure you clean the jaws out!
    Will do for now this one looks good. Just opened it yesterday. I don't mind taking front wheel off everytime. Ability to rotate is too much fun though.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by milliesand View Post
    Has worked for me for 30+ years