1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    Jan 2014

looking at a couple bikes

I have been looking at an upgrade from my old hardrock and found a couple local bikes, really have been wanting a 29er but found this nice fuji setup as well. Any thoughts? Priced the same,

2010 Fuji Tahoe SL custom built from head to toe. Sram components, juicy hydraulic brakes, rock shok reba front forks: fully adjustable. Vuelta zero lite pro wheels, kenda tires 26er. This seems like the most bang for my buck unless I'm missing something.

2010 Raleigh Talus 29er stock set up with Dart 3 fork, juicy hydraulics brakes and deore components, lesser components but it's a 29er

Also just found an older Trek Fuel 90 SLR for about the same price but not sure Ill need the FS setup as I'll just be doing general trail riding, nothing real technical or rough. thanks

mtbr member
    Whats the price range of those bikes?

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    asking $600

mtbr member
    The Fuji seems to be a pretty deal especially with those components.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    $600 for each bike, I'm assuming? The biggest thing is whether or not each bike fits you. Without seeing them and only judging from the description, the Fuji seems like the better bike for the money.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    yes they are all listed at $600 OBO, I havent gotten a response on the trek to find out the year or any info on the components. Thanks for the responses, ill check out the Fuji first and see how it feels.