inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011

looking to buy Fubar OSX bars

I've been browsing the search function a little bit and with a few questions asked here and there I haven't really been able to get any results with my question. I'm looking to find the new Chromag Fubar OSX bars in anodized orange. I found them on Chainreactioncycles.com here:
    Chromag Fubar OSX - Anodised Series | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com
    However, they list all the Fubar OSX bars on there as being 780mm on the options section. In the details, they list them at 760mm. Do you think the titles are just messed up and that they are truly 760mm? .

messaged CRC a little while ago but they are yet to respond

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ehigh View Post
    Do you think the titles are just messed up and that they are truly 760mm?
    It looks like a mistake to me. If you check out the manufacturer's website, it shows 760mm length. Fubars OSX - Chromag Bikes

For what it's worth, don't hold your breath for crc to respond.
    2012 Intense M9
    2012 Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon
    2008 Look 595
    2007 Custom Litespeed Sewanee

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbnozpikr View Post
    It looks like a mistake to me. If you check out the manufacturer's website, it shows 760mm length. Fubars OSX - Chromag Bikes

For what it's worth, don't hold your breath for crc to respond.
    They got back to me and said that they have both. I'm totally confused now as the title on their product say 780mm and the details read it as 760mm. I think I'll just try getting them through Universalcycles instead. Now I just have to figure out whether or not if the orange bars they sell are the painted or the anodized ones.

a little hard to tell for sure
    but the guys are Universalcycles are rather helpful so I'll probably just call them when they open.

mtbr member
    They got back to me and said that they have both. I'm totally confused now as the title on their product say 780mm and the details read it as 760mm. I think I'll just try getting them through Universalcycles instead. Now I just have to figure out whether or not if the orange bars they sell are the painted or the anodized ones.
    a little hard to tell for sure
    but the guys are Universalcycles are rather helpful so I'll probably just call them when they open.
    The did huh? That's impressive. I've ordered from both places but being in the U.S. it is generally quicker and cheaper to order from the U.S. Good luck.
    2012 Intense M9
    2008 Look 595

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbnozpikr View Post
    The did huh? That's impressive. I've ordered from both places but being in the U.S. it is generally quicker and cheaper to order from the U.S. Good luck.
    I live in California so it shouldn't be very hard to deal with Universalcycles. The guys in their shop (dropped by one time on my way to Canada) are cool and they should be helpful with any questions I have to ask. I've heard they rather quick at getting things shipped. Thanks for your input dude

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    hoping these bars help with some of my hand pains. Same rise as my current bars, but I do believe the bends are different. Should be good though. Havoc bars will only cost me $40 if I end up hating them anyways

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    i wonder where to get them too

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by CityWok View Post
    i wonder where to get them too
    You could do universal cycles for the 2010 bars that are at 760mm or chain reaction cycles for this year 780mm. I think crc has one color of 760mm ones left. I contacted chromag on the email listed on chromagbikes.com and was told I could call them and get the 2011 bars shipped directly from them. They are a very friendly company. If they don't get back to you within a few days though, don't take offense. They left today to go to Vegas.
    Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2004
    You could do universal cycles for the 2010 bars that are at 760mm or chain reaction cycles for this year 780mm. I think crc has one color of 760mm ones left. I contacted chromag on the email listed on chromagbikes.com and was told I could call them and get the 2011 bars shipped directly from them. They are a very friendly company. If they don't get back to you within a few days though, don't take offense. They left today to go to Vegas.
    Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    Nailed it. They updated the bar length this year to 780mm.

I'd contact chad@redbarnbicycles.com for Chromag bits - he's very good and you won't regret having him on your side when you are shopping.

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    I ordered my bars on a Monday and then got them Friday. The company is based in Whistler, but the bars shipped from Richmond, BC. Traveled to the Central Coast of California rather quickly and I appreciated that. They turned out beautifully. It isn't just the lighting in the pictures that they take-they really do shine nicely.

mtbr member
    I ordered my bars on a Monday and then got them Friday. The company is based in Whistler, but the bars shipped from Richmond, BC. Traveled to the Central Coast of California rather quickly and I appreciated that. They turned out beautifully. It isn't just the lighting in the pictures that they take-they really do shine nicely.
    Are you going to post pictures of the full build? I'd love to see it.
    2012 Intense M9
    2008 Look 595

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    sure, I'll put some up

my MRP 2X with my X0 cranks (26-39t) and Straitline pedals

XTR M988/M985 (Trail) with X0 shifters

I even did the Twenty6 end caps the other day..

this photo is before my guide/guard-but it shows my drivetrain when it was cleaner

it is hard showing the bars in one photo

but I think this about does it

mtbr member
    Those are some nice looking bars you've got there. Come to think of it, the bike doesn't look too bad either. My compliments.
    2012 Intense M9
    2008 Look 595

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    Thanks, I thoroughly enjoy riding it. I've got everything nearly the way I want it. Running tubeless on some Mavic 823s with some undecided hubs would be nice, but that won't be for a while. Until then, I'm just waiting for the go ahead from my doctor to go riding again. I haven't even ridden since I got the Chromags, XTR brakes, and the guide/guard-so I'm quite eager to get outside again.