mtbr member
    Mar 2006

longer stem and 0 degree rise??

I want to be a little more stretched out when I ride, I kinda think I may have gotten a bike just a LIL too small (maybe an inch, nothing huge), so I am trying to figure out ways to make it feel longer. It seems as though a longer stem and zero degree rise would work, but are there some adverse consequences, like would i suffer badly on steering or control? I'm not sure about all the ramifications from a change like this so any input would be AWESOME, also any other ways (besides moving the seat all the way back) that I can be more stretched out??

Going for a ride......
    Check this out: I think it's meant for road bikes mainly but the seat height & overall reach came up spot on to how I've set up my bike & find it comfy!

Wrenchscience
    energetix

ride hard take risks
    What bike are you riding Yes you could go to a longer stem with good results.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    i'm riding a 2006 kona blast it's a 16, OT, but i stinking LOVE it

ride hard take risks
    A 16 should be good up to about 5'5". You could go a little longer or check out a laid back seat post. Be carful on the post because it changes the hips on the bike so your crank rotation is different.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    5'5??? shoot cause I am about 5'8, I do have a kind of short inseam though, prolly around 30.

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by DP1112
    5'5??? shoot cause I am about 5'8, I do have a kind of short inseam though, prolly around 30.
    Thats probibly why the cockpit is tight, your all torso, longer stem

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    oh okay, that sounded right I was just worried because i wasn't sure what that would do to the rest of the bike's "feel", i really like everything else, also should i stick with the same rise, or get it down to zero, or a few degrees less??

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by DP1112
    oh okay, that sounded right I was just worried because i wasn't sure what that would do to the rest of the bike's "feel", i really like everything else, also should i stick with the same rise, or get it down to zero, or a few degrees less??
    If you are happy with all except the cramped quarters then stick to the sam rise.